We do not ship to New York, Georgia, Louisiana and Tennessee. Internationally we will not ship to Australia, China or India. If you have skulls there you want carved I can come to your location and carve for an extra commission fee
Original Art for only 20.00!
You may not have enough at the moment for a real human skull but for $20.00 a month you will receive an original piece of art carved by me every month.
I’m always trying new styles, genres and themes and this will give me the opportunity to carve more and more, and for you to get something new every month.
So if i'm practicing Tibetan style carvings you'll be getting something carved in that style.
Each piece will be the size of the cuff links I sell or a medallion that could be used as a necklace. This will also keep me focused on my detailed small carving.
Think of it as a bone mystery box…. Probably not the best choice of words.
But then again I'm a carver and not a speech writer.
A) VIP Collector $30.00
What you get:
1) A free T-Shirt
2) At the end of your subscription you get a FREE REPLICA SKULL of your choice!
3) A hand carved piece of original art by Zane Wylie every month.
B) Basic $20.00
What you get:
1) A hand carved piece of original art by Zane Wylie every month.
1) Do you Offer Payment plans?
Yes we do! Learn about installments
2) How do you get your skulls?! I purchase from www.skullsunlimted.com . When they skulls come to my they are retired medical models. I have to do some creative altering to make them look really old like dying them in black tea or other chemicals.
3) Do you have a brick and mortar store where we can see your work?
Well I'm glad you asked. You can start your skull hunt at The Torpedo Factory :
105 N Union St, Alexandria, VA 22314
It's full of Galleries and Studios to meet any artistic taste.
We're in Studio #33!
4) Is it legal to own human skulls & human remains? (you can also search here by your state with the term "human remains" and see for yourself.)Every person is held responsible to know the laws of the land they live in. With that being said (I am not a lawyer) It is perfectly legal possess and to sell Human Bones in the United States. One of the main sources of confusion on this issue is that prior to 1987, the majority of human bones for sale here and in other countries were prepared in India. In 1987, India stopped its exportation of human bones. Many US news sources phrased it as a ban on the sale of human bones rather than as a ban on exportation from one particular country with no effect on United States laws.
Once India stopped exporting human bones China took over as the main supplier of human bones to the United States. However, just prior to the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing China too stopped exporting human material. No other country has yet stepped up and material is much more scarce than it once was, but a decent number of bones from India and China still remain in the United States and may be freely sold.
A secondary source of confusion are the myriad of laws relating to archaeological resources. Certain material, such as those from Native Americans covered under the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (http://www.cr.nps.gov/nagpra/MANDATES/25USC3001etseq.htm), are illegal to buy or sell and in some cases possess. However,these laws do not apply to most modern human bones from non-Native populations.
In short, there is no law at the U.S. Federal level prohibiting you from having a human bone in your possession. The fact that some people believe there is or believe there should be such a law is irrelevant.
This is not to say that such laws do not exist in other countries, or at the local level. For example, four US states, New York, Georgia, Tennessee and Louisiana all have independent State Laws prohibiting the import or export of human remains across their state lines. While we work hard to remain current, laws are passed worldwide faster that the human mind can track or comprehend, so you must be responsible to know your local laws before ordering.
5) Can I will you my skull to carve?
Yes you can. There is a $950.00 non-refundable deposit. Other charges and procedures are involved in order for this process to be completed. Please contact me for further discussion.
6) Do you take commissions?
Yes... with certain caveats. I don't carve anything that would deem satanic, vulgar or inappropriate. I realize some of those terms seem vague so contact me and tell me what you have in mind.
There is a $1000.00 deposit and $1,500.00 to $4,500.00 after the piece is complete depending on the time needed and skull purchased for the work. once the quote is give the price stays the same no matter if it takes more hours to carve than expected. The only time the price will go up is if more detail is added.
7) Where do you get real human skulls?
I purchase them from multiple sources to include archeologists and businesses that sell to medical schools.
8) Have you ever had any paranormal experiences?
No. If they are there they leave me alone. Sorry I wish I had something interesting to say but that's it.